Sunday, 30 August 2009

F1 launches Singapore race probe


Formula 1's governing body has launched an investigation into an unspecified previous race, reported to be last year's Singapore Grand Prix.
The FIA said only that it was said it was investigating "alleged incidents at a previous F1 event".
News agencies have said the race is last year's Singapore race won by Renault's Fernando Alonso following a crash by his team-mate Nelson Piquet.
The incident triggered a safety car which put Alonso into the lead.
Piquet, who attributed the crash to a simple error, was sacked by Renault after the Hungarian Grand Prix last month.
He has since been outspoken in his criticism of Renault team boss Flavio Briatore.
If the FIA discovers evidence of foul play, it would probably call a hearing of its world motorsport council to investigate the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment