Thursday, 24 September 2009

Papers sorry over Capello photos


The News of the World and Daily Mail have apologised to England manager Fabio Capello after printing pictures of him and his wife Laura on holiday.

The newspapers admitted "errors" had been made after images of Mr Capello and his wife on an Italian beach were published on 20 and 21 September.

It came days after concerns were raised by the FA with editors about photographers' presence on the holiday.

Donations have also been made to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

The Press Complaints Commission - which took up the issue after it was raised by the FA - said the complaints had been resolved "amicably".

Both newspapers accepted that "internal procedures had failed" and that the pictures were published in error, it said.

The News of World has removed the story from its website.

Both newspapers printed pictures of the 63-year-old manager, and his wife, using mud baths on a beach in southern Italy.

The Thursday prior to publication, the PCC - after it was contacted by the FA - sent out a circular to all editors saying the England manager was "unhappy" that photographers had been pursuing him.

It said it would consider the publication of any images of him and his wife to be a "breach of their privacy".

No comments:

Post a Comment